Governors - What are School Governors and what do they do?
The School Governors are like a board of directors who have legal duties, powers, and responsibilities.
All governors serve for a term of four years. We are a ‘Critical Friend’ to the school, supporting its aims and values and helping it to strive and achieve the highest standards possible in all aspects of school life.
The 3 main roles of the Governing Body are:
- To ensure that the School has a clarity of Vision and strategic direction
- To hold the Headteacher to account for the schools educational performance
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure that its money is well and appropriately spent.
So how do the Governors do this at Chapel Break?
Meetings of the Full Governing Body are held at least once every half term where all aspects of the school are reviewed and discussed. Governors also regularly spend time at the school on an individual basis to both help with and monitor all aspects of daily school life.
We also have 3 Sub Committees who meet at least once a term:
- The Finance & Personnel Committee’s main responsibility is to oversee the School Budgets.
- The Teaching. Learning and Assessment Committee reviews the schools curriculum to ensure that it meets the standards required and that all pupils, whatever their ability, make the required levels of progress and maximise their potential
- The Behaviour & Welfare Committee monitor and review such things as the Safeguarding of both Children and Staff, Health & Safety policy and the level and quality of extra curricular activites at the school.
The Governing Body is made up of:
• Parents (proposed and elected by other parents who have children at the school)
• An elected Member of Staff at the school
• A Local Authority Representative
• Co-Opted Community Representatives
Who are the Governor’s at Chapel Break Infant School and how do I contact them?
If any parent / carer would like to contact the Governors, please telephone or leave a message with the school office.
Our school number is: 01603 749 550