How do the Governors do this at Chapel Break?
Meetings of the Full Governing Body are held at least once every half term where all aspects of the school are reviewed and discussed. Governors also regularly spend time at the school on an individual basis to both help with and monitor all aspects of daily school life.
We also have 3 Sub Committees who meet at least once a term:
- The Finance & Personnel Committee’s main responsibility is to oversee the School Budgets.
- The Teaching, Learning and Assessment Committee reviews the school’s curriculum to ensure that it meets the standards required and that all pupils, whatever their ability, make the required levels of progress and maximise their potential.
- The Behaviour & Welfare Committee monitor and review such things as the Safeguarding of both Children and Staff, Health & Safety policy and the level and quality of extra-curricular activities at the school.
Governors also regularly spend time at the school on an individual basis to both help with and monitor all aspects of daily school life.
The Governing Body is made up of:
- Parents (proposed and elected by other parents who have children at the school).
- An elected Member of Staff at the school.
- A Local Authority Representative
- Co-Opted Community Representatives